Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44953 - 10/23/08 01:14 AM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: gigampfi]
loweskid Offline

Loc: Manchester UK
I'm coming a bit late to this thread but you might like to consider Backer. I've used it for years. It's a German company - and we know what good programmers they are... happy2

30 day trial available.

www.lowefoto.co.uk

#45302 - 11/08/08 10:23 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
Herens Offline

Hi everybody,

I did a study a few months ago on this subject , and I finally selected SmartSync Pro ( 35 usd) :

http://www.smartsync.com/

Very fast, reliable and it also removes (after asking a confirmation) the files which are no longer on my hard drive.

#46030 - 12/08/08 12:57 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
micha_meyer Offline

Loc: Germany
I finally bought Super Flexible File Synchronizer because of the delta copy feature (it's a pain to sync the >500MB imatch database file over WLAN) and the moved files detection (you do not have to transfer all files again if you only did a folder rename or restructure).
I am very happy with it.
Email support is also very good and fast - I once had a problem and got a program update half a day later!

#47185 - 02/02/09 02:42 AM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
ianrr Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
I find Secondcopy superb for this http://www.centered.com/ ian

#48896 - 05/18/09 12:18 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
gurukid22 Offline
Stranger

POST REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR.

You are not allowed to promote your own software here. If you do it again, I will cancel your account.

Edited by Mario (05/18/09 01:45 PM)

#49133 - 06/05/09 06:21 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
Ric0la Offline

Hi!

I'm fresh to this forum (as I am to IMatch), but here's my 5 cents:

I like MS Live Sync [1] a lot. After looking around for sync software which is often $$$, this one offers nice features and is simple to use.

There's an article on this over at Lifehacker [2]. It used to be called FolderShare, but has been bought by Microsoft. Well, yeah, M$, but who cares?

Cheers

Rico

[1] http://sync.live.com
[2] http://lifehacker.com/372175/free-ways-to-synchronize-folders-between-computers

#50055 - 08/30/09 01:46 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Nacho02]
Tor_Harald Offline

Loc: Norway

I'm currently using DropBox. This software lets me specify a folder (with subfolders) to synchronize, and it automatically synchronizes this folder to a sentral server (at dropbox).
When I log inon a different mahine (with dropbox installed and connected to my dropbox account) all files in the dropbox folder are automatically downloaded.

The nice thing about this is that the file synchronizion is very efficient as it is only copying the parts of the files that have been changed. This way I am able synchronize my entire imatch database which with thumbnails exceeds more than 500 MB!

With "normal" use the synchronization of this file takes less that 30 secs.

Usage up to 2Gb is free so I'm using other software for my photos (smartsynch).

You can get it at www.getdropbox.com

Regards
Tor Harald

#50064 - 08/31/09 05:08 AM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Tor_Harald]
Aubrey Offline

Loc: (Irish) Trinidad
I'm using Allway Sync. (http://allwaysync.com)
It's not freeware, but if one is not doing too much then there is no charge. I ended up purchasing a license.
I'm very happy with it.
One can sync a number of different types of folders simultaneously.

When I make changes in my main folders with IMatch, it then becomes a very simple matter to update my backup disk with the same information.

Aubrey.

Edited by Aubrey (08/31/09 05:10 AM)

#50070 - 09/01/09 06:13 PM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: Aubrey]
RuiAlves Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Madeira, Portugal
Hi all,

since 6 months ago, I use backup4all.

Here you can find trial version
http://www.backup4all.com/download.php

It features mirror, diferential and scheduled backups.
Computer shutdown after backup, email notifications and FTP are also available, among others.

These were the reasons why I've bought this one.

I hope this help those looking for some solution :)

#50076 - 09/02/09 03:27 AM Re: Non-IMATCH: File Synchronisation Software? [Re: RuiAlves]
gkikola Offline

For those of you who don't need a full-fledged backup solution but are just looking for a simple, easy to use file synchronization program, I highly recommend FreeFileSync. It probably lacks a lot of the features of the commercial products that others have recommended, but it does file synchronization quite well, and is reasonably fast. It also sports a nice clean and intuitive user interface.

It is free, open source and, perhaps the best part, it's updated very frequently--usually once every week or two, sometimes with only days between updates. And the developer seems to check the project's forum fairly often if you need help or have feature requests.

And, despite this being my only post here, I am not affiliated with the project in any way other than as an end user.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  DeKa42, khodadad, Mario, Richard, sinus 
Cookie Usage
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Forum Stats
4854 Members
30 Forums
9159 Topics
60789 Posts

Max Online: 160 @ 04/02/08 10:02 AM
Links
photools.com Wiki
photools.com
Release Notes
Installation Instructions
New General Topics