Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61894 - 03/26/12 07:29 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: goatbeater]
Mario Offline
IMatch Developer
Slartibartfast

Loc: Germany
If AS stores the keywords in the XMP or IPTC metadata record inside your images or the XMP sidecar files, the keywords are available in IMatch automatically.

See the XMP editor (toolbar button above the thumbnail window).

You can do many things with XMP in IMatch, see the corresponding help topics for details, and the photools.com Wiki.

http://www.photools.com

#61896 - 03/27/12 06:44 AM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: Mario]
ianrr Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Mario, re VMware issues I was having, found that ticking the box under Settings - hardware - Monitor and selecting the tick box Accelerated 3D graphics seems to have done the trick !! ... Not as quite as fast as directly from windows, but sure is working fine for being able to use it .. happy2

#61898 - 03/27/12 08:02 AM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: ianrr]
Mario Offline
IMatch Developer
Slartibartfast

Loc: Germany
Very good biggrin

http://www.photools.com

#61899 - 03/27/12 12:10 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: Mario]
goatbeater Offline

OK I have some images across in IMatch and the XMP IS working - my keywords are there - yay!

Thanks for all the responses. Now I just have to wade through transferring everything.

BTW read the comments about the cloud and images - no way for me!. But all images and backups are on external disks - just got a USB 3 1Tb drive - and I will virtualise the OS, so that dumb Windows crashes won't hurt TOO much

Martin
Not-Frustrated-Anymore-and wont-be-using-Aftershot-again

#61900 - 03/27/12 12:25 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: goatbeater]
goatbeater Offline

For anyone who cares ...

Sitting watching the thumbnails as my images load.
When the holiday/family snapshots are being done it looks like your life is flashing before your eyes - spooky!

#61903 - 03/27/12 03:09 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: goatbeater]
Ferdinand_Paris Offline
Oldtimer

Originally Posted By: goatbeater
OK I have some images across in IMatch and the XMP IS working - my keywords are there - yay!

In iMatch V3.6 you may find that want your keywords in a different place, such as IPTC Keywords or iMatch categories. If you decide that you do, then we should be able to help you out.

Aftershot should be ok as a RAW converter when the next release comes out, but I sure wouldn't want to use it as a DAM.

F_P

#61904 - 03/27/12 04:30 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: Ferdinand_Paris]
claudermilk Offline
Oldtimer

Loc: SoCal
I hope AfterShot improves. I won't be uninstalling it, but they have likely lost me at this point--it will become a second option for conversion. It is certainly NOT a proper DAM--IMHO going down that road was a huge mistake and we are seeing the results of splitting the development effort away from the core RAW conversion functionality.

#61907 - 03/27/12 09:48 PM Re: Frustrated New User [Re: Mario]
LensView Offline
Addict

Loc: Luxembourg / Europe
Originally Posted By: Mario
Quote:
This for two reasons: a) security, and b) accessibility--I don't want to be at the mercy of some provider's whims to access MY data. I am sure I'm not alone there.

Ah, nonsense. You absolutely must use a cloud to store all your assets to be cool and trendy. Comes right after posting whatever crosses your mind on your "wall" and broadcasting via twitter wacko

Fully agree! Although I now also backup to an online service (got my internet connection upgraded, so now it's possible), but with the data encrypted with my personal 448bit key before it's send out. And it's only my third level backup, the first and second being USB disks (two copies in-house and one external).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  DeKa42, khodadad, Mario, Richard, sinus 
Cookie Usage
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Version Check

IMatch 3.6.0.118
released on 08.12.2012
Forum Stats
4847 Members
30 Forums
9145 Topics
60718 Posts

Max Online: 160 @ 04/02/08 10:02 AM
Links
photools.com Wiki
photools.com